Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Lots of crunching when visualizing

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

I have been using heavily glisseq in my latests projects and as soon as the cpu load starts to get even closer to 50%, then I cannot open any glisseq plugin without causing lots of crunching...

My guess is that this is connected to some threading/multi-core issues.  I dont recall that much crunching when I had a single core CPU.  Even increasing latency doesnt do anything.

I had a similar issue with wavearts plugins until their latest release that "implements a new thread synchronization mechanism so that performance issues (graphics updating, slow responsiveness in particular circumstances) are avoided".  Could the underlying issue be the same with voxengo plugs?

Erik.

Which audio application are you using and what is your computer configuration?

Aleksey Vaneev: Which audio application are you using and what is your computer configuration?

Oopps forgot that part!  AMD X2 4400+, Sonar 6.2.1, 2 gig ram, Nvidia FX5200 AGP adapter.

Erik

Does this stuttering/crunching happens when you close user interface?  Also, do you have XRay enabled? (if so, please try disabling it for a moment and see if this affects this problem).

Aleksey Vaneev: Does this stuttering/crunching happens when you close user interface?  Also, do you have XRay enabled? (if so, please try disabling it for a moment and see if this affects this problem).

This crunching happens only when the interface is open and I have not been using XRay.  When the interface is closed, it works smoothly.  The same crunching also happens with voxformer and in FL Studio 7 (although it is not as bad as Sonar).  There is something about dual core and Sonar 6.2.1 that aggravates this issue...  When I had a single core CPU (same setup), I did not experience all this crunching unless the CPU was *really* high (> 80%)

Erik.

Could you temporarily turn the multi-processing off and see what happens?

Aleksey Vaneev: Could you temporarily turn the multi-processing off and see what happens?

So I tried pretty much everything... disabled multi processing, disabled graphic acceleration, changed the color depth and nothing to do still alot of crunching even with a low cpu usage. the one that had the most impact was changing the color depth from 32 bits to 16... it makes things a little better.  I'm ready to change the video card or whatever to stop the crunching!!!

Erik

Sorry to tell it, but changing the video card may help.  What are you using now?

Erik, try to go back to Sonar 6.01.

I recently heard that a problem with the interface of GlissEQ exists in Sonar 6 after the 6.01 --> 6.20 Update of Sonar which is still existing in current 6.21.

straubgx: Erik, try to go back to Sonar 6.01.

straubgx: I recently heard that a problem with the interface of GlissEQ exists in Sonar 6 after the 6.01 --> 6.20 Update of Sonar which is still existing in current 6.21.

Hey thanks alot!  Does that mean that you are experiencing the same issue???

Erik

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First