Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ the "dyn" adjustment

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hey Alexsy,

I've been reading about gliss and am trying to wrap my head around the operational

principles

( no lectures from the "just twist the knobs till it sounds good crowd please!)

I gather that the dynamic nature impressed upon the eq filters is not threshold based;

so I'm wondering if the action could be compared to a transfer plot, but only from the knee up?  In other words, a positive "dyn" setting causes an expanding slope , of a greater degree as the setting is increased and a negative "dyn" setting causes a

negative slope.

Is it fair to compare the dyn settings to the tilting of slope on a transfer plot???

TX for the great pluggs!

No, this cannot be seen from compressor transfer curve plot.  Or it can be seen as compressor transfer curve plot, but with threshold constantly moving up&down, with some lag probably.

Just saw this - probably Aleksey got tired of explaining about 'dyn' ;).

Try here - I think this is pretty accurate and easy to understand:

http://www.voxengo.com/forum/glisseq/1315/?offset=10

Regards to each, and GlissEQ is a great tool.

narration

Thanks for answering :)
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.