Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Vintage Modulator another request

Last

Next

Previous

First

great to hear that!

Aleksey Vaneev: Should LFO be synced with playback start, or according to other system event?

most plugins (the psp 84 delay for example) seem to have a vst- or midi-parameter to set/reset the phase. maybe that's the safest and easiest way!?

i've never seen a plugin that could restart the phase with playback-start. (how) is that possible (because playback will be started from different positions mostly)?

OK, thanks for the details.  I still have not managed to implement this feature because I'm not sure how people expect this 'sync' feature to work.  That's probably because I'm not producing VST instruments - not much knowledge in that area.

i would expect a "reset phase" to "..." button (wich acts as vst-parameter and/or midi-cc). with options like

- (start)phase (0°/90°/180° ...)

- waveform (sine/triangle/square ....)

- and of course the tempo-sync

then the user has to make a vst- or midi-automation for this button (set it to "1" as enabled) at the point in the song/arrangement, where these phase-setting should get starting (or let's better say: where it get's retriggered).

of course the user has to take care to play/start always from this (automation)point (because the lfos are running all the time also in stop/pause-mode, right?) ...

That sounds like a complicated approach?

implementing this? i don't know, aleksey.

I meant using such approach looks complicated...

no. it's just one simple automation-point/line before at the beginning of the track. this way you have control of phase (of the synced lfo). like disabling/enabling a plugin. otherwise the chorus or such things always will sound a bit different at every new playback-start. some people don't like that. they want to have total control over such things :-)

OK, I'll think about it!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First