Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     VariSaturator VariSaturator causes Nuendo or Cubase graphics lockup?

Last

Next

Previous

First

I can only reproduce this when VariSaturator is open.

It doesn't matter whether the plugin is switched on or not.  All that seems to matter is that the GUI is visible.

So open a VS instance and switch it on or off as you want.

Now, grab a channel fader with the mouse and whilst keeping the left hand mouse button down, move the fader up or down and then keep the left mouse button down for about 2 seconds.

Now release the mouse button and watch what happens.  The entire Nuendo gui freezes for about a second then suddenly plays catch-up and runs smoothly.

Now close the Varisaturator GUI and repeat the above.  This time it doesn't happen.

Is anyone seeing this?

Mark

In Cubase 4 what happens when you drag channel slider is a complete VariSaturator's UI freeze.  It unfreezes right after you release the button, though.  This is a problem with VariSaturator probably as I can't reproduce this problem with previous Voxeng plug-ins.  I will check it out and try to fix.

Thanks Aleksey.

The length of the freeze seems to be related to how long you hold the mouse button down for.  If you just tap the button - short freeze, long hold - longer freeze.

Also, as stated, with Nuendo, the entire screen including everything on it freezes (host, other plugins, etc).

If it is relevant, I have a quad core DAW.

Mark

I'll try to minimize this problem, but I think it can't be fixed fully.  It is very strange as it seems that Cubase 4 (and probably Nuendo according to your message) suspends internal window events processing: hence, the audio part can't send data to visual part.  While when you are releasing the button all events are processed in a burst - hence the stall you are experiencing happens.

Aleksey Vaneev: I'll try to minimize this problem, but I think it can't be fixed fully.  It is very strange as it seems that Cubase 4 (and probably Nuendo according to your message) suspends internal window events processing: hence, the audio part can't send data to visual part.  While when you are releasing the button all events are processed in a burst - hence the stall you are experiencing happens.

Hi Aleksey,

Unfortunatelly it seems to happen with Adobe Audition 2 too.  Just changing preset.  Worst, VariSaturator (v1.2) does freeze Audition almost completely.  Although CPU Time in Task Manager seems to run ahead.

I need to shutdown it by Task Manager.

This is the very first time I encounter such a problem with your excellent plugins.

Thank you in advance for your help.

andrea

...andrea riderelli & aliusmodum...

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

Please let me know the exact steps that lead to Audition's freeze: I'll check it out myself.

Aleksey Vaneev: Please let me know the exact steps that lead to Audition's freeze: I'll check it out myself.

Sure.

1) Open Audition 2

2) Insert a track in Edit or Multitrack View OR create a new one at any resolution

3) If in EV choose Effects > VST > VariSaturator OR if in MV put VariSaturator effect on a channel

4) After VS is opened, choose any preset

5) Result: CPU 100% (or 50% on Dual Core) and Audition freezed.

Thank you in advance for your help, Aleksey!

Regards,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

The problem arise on Audition only.  No problem on Reaper.

regards,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

Well, you are right - I was able to reproduce the problem.  I will be trying to fix it ASAP, thanks for detailed information!

Aleksey Vaneev: Well, you are right - I was able to reproduce the problem.  I will be trying to fix it ASAP, thanks for detailed information!

Aleksey, you are absolutely welcome.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

andrea

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First