Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer CompMode Inverted and spectrum gain change ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

I've been experimenting with the Inverted compmode trying to use it to fix a mix where the bass player plays lead bass all over the top of the bass spectrum.  I think by amplifying the sound below a certain threshold in the bass region using Inverse mode I can "fix" it somewhat.

Here's an observation and question...

I bring up and instance of Soniformer and hit the main reset to set the current program params to their default state.  Pre Out Gain is selected in the Global settings.  With the CompMode in "Normal" I adjust ratio to either compress (attenuate) or expand (amplify) by a certain amount, like expansion 1:1.25 for example.  If I change CompMode at this point from Normal to Inverted then the spectrum display changes (monitoring GAINS) and shows a 4db gain across the spectrum with no audio playing.  Why is that?  What does it mean?

Thanks, Kyle

That constant 4 dB gain should be expected since in 'inverted mode' Soniformer works on the 'opposite' side, below the Threshold envelope, and so it reacts on silence as well.

Thanks Aleksey - I think you've already mentioned this in the past too now that I think of it...-Kyle
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.