Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor suggestions

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Running the demo and my first impressions are that this is one awesome compressor!

Just a few thoughts / questions:

Mix knob affects gr, is this just the meter or does it actually reduce gr when increasing mix?

Any changes planned for the release contour shaping?

Would be interesting to hear some more cos shaped form, now its a bit more linear.

A cool add-on would be something like the saturator in voxformer.

Cheers, will be picking this one up for sure!

Thank you for your suggestions.

The "Mix" knob does reduce effective gain reduction, so it's to be expected.

I have plans to upgrade Marquis Compressor - it won't be exactly the same thing as it is now, but I'll leave the most distinctive elements like the release contour and some of the modes.

The Marquis is about the best there is for compression in the plug-in world - intended or not.  I've done the ABXs, the extensive side-by-side tests, comparison both with clinical values and in practice.  It's in the top 5 without a doubt; survives pretty much anything one throws at it.  I know of only 3-4 ITB comps that can do the same, but they don't sound like an analog compressor; the Marquis does, quite SSL-ish.

Point is: add to it, but don't change the foundation of the sound (pleaze!)

Thanks again for the suggestion!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.