Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Output Level Meters

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi Aleksey,

Could you check Output Level Meters behavior?  Green parts show different readings even on a static signal apart from Input Level Meters.

And one more thing.  Apparently, Attack and Release times of T3 Mode are 10(!) times shorter then the corresponding times of T1 and T2 modes.  Is it OK?

Thanks,

Vitaly.

I do not see much problems with level meters - what kind of problem you are referring to?

I will be working on behavior of attack/release stages in the future verison of Marquis Compressor.

When I'm trying to match the peak level on the output of the compressor to the peak level at the input by Make Up controller what I expect to see is the growth of RMS level.  But because Input Meter reading (green) is always approx.  3dB higher then Output Meter (green) it looks misleading.  Actually, I think I was wrong in my first post, it is Input and Gain Reduction Meters which should be checked.

As a test, lets use a simple sine wave loop.  Set Ratio 1:1.  Now we can see that Input RMS Meter (green) coincide with Input Peak Meter (white).  Which shouldn't be a case as a sine wave crest factor is 3dB, if my memory serves me correctly.  Now, if we look at Output Meter, it looks right.  The same story with Gain Reduction Meter.  That's it.

Please switch to the "Classic" detector.  It's a feature of the "Round" detector - absense of 3 dB crest factor.

Thanks.

You are welcome!

Aleksey Vaneev: I will be working on behavior of attack/release stages in the future verison of Marquis Compressor.

Oh, new version, any dates on this?

Sorry, no dates are planned.

Aleksey Vaneev: Sorry, no dates are planned.

but are you currently working on a newer version or are u busy with other plugs??

Aleksey Vaneev: Sorry, no dates are planned.

sunny_j: but are you currently working on a newer version or are u busy with other plugs??

I'm busy with other plug-ins.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.