Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Parallel Compression with Marquis

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Is there a way to parallel compress with Marquis and have the uncompressed component be greater than the compressed component?  Same question for Soniformer.

There is a Dry mix control in Marquis Compressor - it is the same as parallel compression.  Soniformer has Wet Mix envelope for exactly the same purpose.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.  If I set the dry control to 100% and now I want to bring in and mix (with the dry signal) the compressed signal to about 50%, how can I do this?  There is no level conrol for the compressed signal.  The dry conrol is the uncompressed only.

I guess the term "Dry %" is what I'm confused about.  If Dry is 100% then there is zero compressed signal present.  If Dry is set to 50% then is the other 50% the compressed signal.  If Dry is at 75% then the compressed component is 25% of the total?

WillB: I guess the term ''Dry %'' is what I'm confused about.  If Dry is 100% then there is zero compressed signal present.  If Dry is set to 50% then is the other 50% the compressed signal.  If Dry is at 75% then the compressed component is 25% of the total?

Yes, this is correct.

Thanks.  Your quick.  Along those line but for Soniformer:

The WET control is the oposite percentage wise, ie. set at 25% wet = 75% uncompressed with 25% compressed?

WillB: The WET control is the oposite percentage wise, ie. set at 25% wet = 75% uncompressed with 25% compressed?

Yes, it is.  I plan to unify this.  Next major Soniformer version will feature "Dry Mix" instead.

Thank you.

The fact that your compressors offer parallel compression I don't care what you call it !!!  And now even Crunchessor 2 has parallel compression....  You made my day.

You are welcome!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.