Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Key filter functioning

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi, Alexey.  Enabling KF.  Does this work in the same way as EQ, or completely the opposite?  The reason I ask is that having enabled KF and boosted around 100Hz, the bass sound of the vocal track actually increased in volume.  Should this happen, or am I missing something?

This is not an EQ.  With the Key filter you can emphasize reaction of compressor to certain frequencies.  Usually boosting leads to higher compression ratio, but since there are many factors (like phase-shifts), some boosts may lead to lower compression ratio, or shift in time thus giving an impression of lower compression ratio.

Thanks, Aleksey.

Technically, I'm really not much the wiser, but I'm blessed with a good pair of ears, so I'll carry on experimenting.

Cheers!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.