Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Deessing with Marquis?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello!

I read the following on Marquis in its FAQ-section.

"The primary use for the Key filter is to give a different 'weight' to various frequencies.  So, if you boost lows with the key filter, the compressor will be compressing them more (boosting is like lowering the threshold setting for the given frequencies while cutting is like increasing the threshold setting for these frequencies)."

Can this actually be used as an effective form of de-essing?

Sure, key filter can be used to turn Marquis Compressor into a de-esser.

Cool.

Relocated query.

When you boost certain frequencies these frequencies will be compressed more than the others, but in some cases key filter boosting may subjectively reduce compression ratio.

Isn't it kind of like a multiband compressor then?  I think I'm going to use it on the bass frequencies.

It is not a multi-band compressor: it is like using equalized side-chain signal.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.