Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Request: Sidechaining ;)

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Is there a future-plan to implement sidechaining as in Cruchessor?  I need the sidechain feature and must look this time for another plugin that supports this :(

This is not in the current plans for Marquis Compressor, unfortunately.

That's a shame.  Marquis has a wonderfully old sound which I think would lend it's self to side chaining very well.

Crunchessors is ok, but the music always sounds a little 'stressed' after using it.  That said, I am no expert with Crunchessor :-)

From my current point of view Marquis is a bit 'heavy' on the processing, and so adding side-chain to it would make it too CPU heavy for extensive practical use.  But I may review this point of view in the future.

+1 on sidechain :-)

I have never noticed any real CPU usage with the Marquis demo.  I'm no expert on this, but cpu usage isn't really the main factor in my choice of VST.  Pristine Space is massively CPU hungry, but I use it on almost every track (again, the demo version).  I work around CPU issues, they don't stop me.

PS, Aleksey, I'm buy some stuff from you as soon as I save up the money.  Elephant, Marquis and the tube EQ (i forget it's name) are all essentials.  I have almost every demo from the site - but still need to decide exactly what ones I require.

Thanks for the response.

I still think external sidechain would be IDEAL for Marquis.  It is such a lovely sounding compressor at extreme settings.  It would be the trance/dance/house/rap/hiphop crowds wet dream to be able to sidechain the drumbus, kick and bass combo.

Another feature that would be interesting is variable stereo linking of marquis.  This can be quite useful for creative stereo manipulation.  Variable stereo linking + external sidechain + MSED plugin = very very powerful dynamics tool. ;)

Also, Polysquasher would be very interesting with full sidechain.

Cheers!

bManic

bmanic, thanks for your message.  Sure, these functions are useful.  I'm planning to 'pipe-line' them for inclusion into any future compression plug-in.  Hopefully I'll be successful at that - since including such features (variable stereo linking and side-chain) separately into each plug-in is a bit of a pain from programming perspective.

Another vote for sidechain.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First