Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Marquis Compressor Program-Dependent Release Contour

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

I think I've replied to that 'scale' on the release contour.  It's impossible to give any numbers under it that will make graph more clear.  I plan to rework release contour in the future major version, so there will be no misunderstanding.

Hi Aleksey,

I am not asking for numbers but for labels for each axis.  If you can draw a graph just must know what the x and y axis do represent.  So why not tell tell the users so that they understand what they are doing?  An update which addresses this shortcoming is for sure appreciated.

Well, the x axis represents time and the y axis represents gain (top is max).  But I believe this won't help you to understand the release contour.

Hi Aleksey,

thanks.  Well, I think it helps a little.  Just to make sure it did I want to sum up what I learnt from this thread:

1. x-axis represents time, y-axis represents gain.  So this can be understood as a volume envelope

2.  When I want to by-pass the program/sound-material dependent release contour, I set all parameters to 10 (= steep falling curve)

3.  When I want to have the most program/sound-material dependent release contour, I set all parameters to 0,10 (= horizontal line at top gain: 0db?)

now my assumption:

4.  The more program dependency I set the longer will the release times be (depending on some algorithm which analyzes the sound material), ie in this case the release which I set at the release knob is used as a minimum value

Did I understand something?

cheers, drjee

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First