Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ GlissEQ 3.4.1 problems in REAPER 4.01

Last

Next

Previous

First

Aleksey,

Justin (REAPER developer) just found out that mouswheel knob/fader movements don't add any UNDO points in REAPER at all.  Bug in your plugins I guess?

Aleksey Vaneev: Reaper's undo won't work.  Reaper's undo will work only if you change automatable parameters.  VST specification has no means to provide action automation.

A hint from Justin:

Justin: Perhaps you can see if Aleksey can add support for REAPER's extension in this -- REAPER interprets an audioMasterAutomate with an index of -1 as "non-automation state change".

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/sdk/vst/vst_ext.php

Well, I wasn't using mouse wheel - the bug is not in mousewheel adjustments.  Moreover, mouse wheel changes are automated and Reaper does create undo for them in some cases.

I won't implement -1 as it is a bit pointless - you won't see what was changed beside faceless "non-automation state change".  I myself do not think it is a good idea to move plug-in's undo to host, please do not persist on this feature.  Having parallel undo histories is a much more pratical approach.  When using Reaper's undo, if you wanted to revert changes made several minutes ago in another plug-in you'll also have to revert all other changes made, unrelated to that plug-in.

Aleksey Vaneev: Well, I wasn't using mouse wheel - the bug is not in mousewheel adjustments.  Moreover, mouse wheel changes are automated and Reaper does create undo for them in some cases.

I think Justin said this unrelated to the bug report.  Not sure what he really means.

Aleksey Vaneev: I won't implement -1 as it is a bit pointless - you won't see what was changed beside faceless ''non-automation state change''.  I myself do not think it is a good idea to move plug-in's undo to host, please do not persist on this feature.  Having parallel undo histories is a much more pratical approach.  When using Reaper's undo, if you wanted to revert changes made several minutes ago in another plug-in you'll also have to revert all other changes made, unrelated to that plug-in.

Yeah I know.  But that's REAPER style.  Cubase etc. are what you said.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First