Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ New GlissEQ..!

Aleksey Vaneev: You may adjust the spectrum display range - you can set filters down to 1 Hz.

Dandruff: Doesn't work here.  Low freq display range set to 1Hz -> Filter's don't go below 20Hz!?  Also why should this depend on the display range at all?  Display range shouldn't limit the filter range.

Yes, I've missed that point - I will probably fix this in the next update.

Dandruff: Ok, but otherwise it has no real usage.  Can you make that deletable at least (although I would prefer it to be invisible by default when not running at 192kHz)?

Well, I do not find existence of this option problematic.  Factory presets are not deletable, sorry.

Dandruff: -> The preset dropdown menu should get expanded automatically when hovering over the bank names?  Why do we have to click there?  Bit timewasting and unexpected behaviour.

If you are always holding the mouse button while selecting the preset, the menu will expand automatically.  But we'll add an auto-expand feature even if you release the mouse button.

Aleksey Vaneev: You may adjust the spectrum display range - you can set filters down to 1 Hz.

Dandruff: Doesn't work here.  Low freq display range set to 1Hz -> Filter's don't go below 20Hz!?  Also why should this depend on the display range at all?  Display range shouldn't limit the filter range.

Aleksey Vaneev: Yes, I've missed that point - I will probably fix this in the next update.

Ok, thanks!

Dandruff: Ok, but otherwise it has no real usage.  Can you make that deletable at least (although I would prefer it to be invisible by default when not running at 192kHz)?

Aleksey Vaneev: Well, I do not find existence of this option problematic.  Factory presets are not deletable, sorry.

Why not making the default factory presets switch the high freq range to half of the project samplerate automatically.  No extra 96kHz preset needed.  Nowadays almost all new plugins support 192kHz ...  No real "news".

Dandruff: -> The preset dropdown menu should get expanded automatically when hovering over the bank names?  Why do we have to click there?  Bit timewasting and unexpected behaviour.

Aleksey Vaneev: If you are always holding the mouse button while selecting the preset, the menu will expand automatically.  But we'll add an auto-expand feature even if you release the mouse button.

Ah ok.  Yes that works.  Still "unexpected" on Windows ... thanks for "fixing"!

Dandruff: Why not making the default factory presets switch the high freq range to half of the project samplerate automatically.  No extra 96kHz preset needed.  Nowadays almost all new plugins support 192kHz ...  No real ''news''.

These presets are not project sample rate -dependent.  Anyway, I have to include this preset so that users know plug-in's capability.

Ok.

Another thing: To me the scrollbars don't look nice.  They are way too bright (in all color modes).  The interface would look much smoother and easy to look at if they were pretty dark I think ...

And wouldn't it be cool if the marquee select tool via mouse would "scroll the screen" when reaching an edge to be able to get to the "out of sight area" without zooming out first?

And why do the "Display Range" controls get grayed out on "Spectrum disable"? "Freq Low" and "Freq High" should remain accessable.

just a minor thing with the gui. at 80% zoom the preset menu subgroups don't align properly image

Dandruff: Another thing: To me the scrollbars don't look nice.  They are way too bright (in all color modes).  The interface would look much smoother and easy to look at if they were pretty dark I think ...

We'll try to make the look more like buttons in color.

And wouldn't it be cool if the marquee select tool via mouse would "scroll the screen" when reaching an edge to be able to get to the "out of sight area" without zooming out first?

Thanks for noticing this - we'll add the auto-scrolling, including control point movements.

And why do the "Display Range" controls get grayed out on "Spectrum disable"? "Freq Low" and "Freq High" should remain accessable.

This is a mistake which will be fixed, thanks for noticing.

just a minor thing with the gui. at 80% zoom the preset menu subgroups don't align properly image

Thanks for the problem report - will be fixed.

Aleksey Vaneev: Yes, I've missed that point - I will probably fix this in the next update.

Dandruff: Ok, thanks!

After checking this out, I won't be able to fix the problem since it will break existing automation envelopes.  I will leave this to a much further major update.

thanks Aleksey,

u made my favorite EQ workhorse even better.

Just purchased the update and enjoy workin with the EQ.

The adjustable spectrum analyzer is a very accurate helpful tool.  And the new peaking HRM curve sounds great!

thx

Thanks for your feedback!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.