Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     GlissEQ Feature Request: Turn off spectrum display (because...)

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi,

first of all, thanks for ANOTHER great (and greatly priced) plugin, this will probably be the second one I'll buy in a matter of one week :)

I have a very simple feature request though:

I have the following mastering setup: Raw 2-channel mix on a track.  This goes through GlissEQ and various other plugins, then OUTSIDE the computer through a TC Finalizer, and then back inside again.

Now, to compare the spectrum of a reference production (on another stereo track) and the spectrum of the Finalizer's output (which would be the final master), I insert 2 more GlissEQs: one on the reference production's track, and one on the Finalizer's return track, and overlay these two into the "main" GlissEQ on the raw source track.

Of course, now, the cyan spectrum (the one that actually displays the raw track's spectrum) is meaningless - because I want to compare *only* the Finalizer's return and the reference track.

I hope this was clear enough :) So, simple wish: An "off" button for the spectrum display of the *current* instance of GlissEQ.

Thanks!

Argh.  I just noticed someone else already requested the same.  Well.  Now here you have at least a detailed reasoning :-)

yeah would also love an option to disable the analyzer.

Actually, I'm not very convinced such 'off' option is required at all.  GlissEQ does not take additional CPU when GUI is closed, and no spectrum export is taking place.

You could simply insert GlissEQ to Finalizer and reference tracks.  Why do you need it on a raw track?

It is used on the raw track to do the EQ for mastering.  The Finalizer track is a *return* track (whose sound cannot be "changed"), its sole purpose is to *monitor* the output of the Finalizer (and its compression/limiting).

Of course, I can insert GlissEQ on finalizer and reference tracks (in bypass mode), export the spectrum from one of both and visualize it on the other.  But then, I cannot do the EQ on the same display as the one which compares the spectra.

On the whole, the spectrum display uses a *lot* of CPU / graphics bandwidth anyway.  My host starts stuttering whenever I have a highly loaded song and open one of the GlissEQ plugins.  I operate at 3 milliseconds latency, so anything too graphics intensive will start to stutter.

My proposal: Add a little dropdown "FPS", with choices: Full, Half, Off.  That makes us all happy and is not a very big deal (I'm a pretty involved software developer myself :)

Thanks

You can import both spectrums into your raw GlissEQ instance.  It is even the better way as you can compare specturm of raw signal to other two spectrums this way.

FPS option will be added in the future versions of plug-ins.

Yes, that's what I was doing.  However, I found *three* spectra in one glissEQ instance a bit crowded, and I would have liked to be able to turn off the non-imported one.  It would be really nice if this were possible.  As you can see, others would find it useful as well.

However, I'm happy that you took into account my FPS suggestion :)

Keep it up!

You may switch overlays on/off quickly by right-clicking on the overaly channel selector.  It scrolls through off and selected channel this way.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.