Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Discussions     Free Audio Plugins Overtone GEQ crashes in Wavelab

Last

Next

Previous

First

I just found out that this was the place to put this note [so it's a copy of a post from the news, discussion forum]:

Thanks for the new update.  Really like the possibility to change the colors; the green suits my DAWs prefect, it stands out more clearly than the original 'champagne'.

But - it crashes in Wavelab 6, seems to be stable in Samplitude 10 though.  I can't tell exactly when it happens but a DOS-promt shows up, with some text.

Hope this will be easy for you to figure out what the problem is.

Best,

Mads

Hi Aleksey!

The latest Overtone GEQ (dl'd yesterday) causes Tracktion 3.0.3.3 (also the latest) to 'poof' , Tracktion3 entirely disappears when I insert a new instance of GEQ into a rack or a track.  There are no error msgs or anything else that I see. -Kyle

ED: Aleksey - this may be a Tracktion3 problem, the latest version is giving me trouble with a couple of plugs that used to work...

mljung: But - it crashes in Wavelab 6, seems to be stable in Samplitude 10 though.  I can't tell exactly when it happens but a DOS-promt shows up, with some text.

Thanks for the report.  I'll probably have to contact Wavelab's author for assistance since Steinberg does not provide NFR versions it seems.

Great - I will look forward to a version that doesn't crash WL!

kylen: > kylen: The latest Overtone GEQ (dl'd yesterday) causes Tracktion 3.0.3.3 (also the latest) to 'poof' , Tracktion3 entirely disappears when I insert a new instance of GEQ into a rack or a track.  There are no error msgs or anything else that I see. -Kyle

kylen: ED: Aleksey - this may be a Tracktion3 problem, the latest version is giving me trouble with a couple of plugs that used to work...

OK.  I've tested plug-in myself in 3.0.3.3, by loading 'Spiralling' demo project and putting the plug-in into the Global track.  No problems can be seen.  Please let me know if you discover something else.

I have no problems at all running GEQ 1.3 in WaveLab 6.10

Best regards

Bo

Bo Clausen: I have no problems at all running GEQ 1.3 in WaveLab 6.10

That's a good info, thanks.  Probably, upgrading 6 to 6.1 should help.

No this is not it!

I am using WL 6.1 and I've just tried to use GEQ again.  I changed the color from the Green, to Champagne to see if this would bring me any luck.  But then my computer screen went out in a graphical mess, that only could be removed by resetting [restarting] my computer.

BTW I made a screen shot of the DOS message that popped up the first time I tried it!

Moreover you should know that I haven't had problems with earlier versions of the Overtone GEQ

That's pretty strange.  Could be a memory chip problem - I suggest you to run a memory checking program (e.g.  Windows Vista's built-in one, or similar).

Please send me the screenshot to info@voxengo.com

BTW, I've received one more successful result from another WL6 user.

Hello again Aleksey

Today I tried to use Overtone GEQ in Samplitude, everything work flawless for about 5 minutes, and it sounded very nice. when suddenly the program stopped responding and strange graphics decorated my monitor.  I've updated my graphic card driver [Matrox Millenium G550] to the latest version.

I think I've already said that no other plug-in I've got and use [including alot of your plug-ins] show any issues of this kind, at all..!?

Is it possible to get a version without the color-changing system [preferably Green], but with the same sound as the new one?  Or what about releasing a version of HarmonyEQ with the same type of filter type [as an option] as the GEQ..?

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First