Voxengo Tube Amp 2.7 free valve amplifier plugin released - Press Release
April 25, 2020: Voxengo is happy to release version 2.7 of its Tube Amp plugin. Tube Amp is a free audio effect plugin for professional music production applications that applies asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes. The sound this plugin produces varies from a mild “warm” overdrive to a fuzzy distortion. Tube Amp is available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plugin formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
Changes in version 2.7:
- Added the "Dry Mix" parameter.
- Added the preset list sorting function to the preset manager.
- Redesigned the knob image.
- Extended the "Color Editor" with color modifiers.
- Added the "Gray Blue" and "Navy" color schemes.
- Improved visual quality at different visual interface scales.
- Windows: implemented (switchable) higher-precision user interface update timer, for smoother display.
- Added macOS Catalina compatibility.
Tube Amp also includes a -6 dB/oct low-pass filter that is built-in into plug-in’s tube/valve modeling equation, and can be used to imitate a lower-quality tube triode. Beside that, Tube Amp has a switchable output saturation stage which can be used to additionally overdrive the output signal.
Tube Amp features all standard advanced Voxengo plug-in features like full multichannel operation, channel routing, built-in oversampling and other functions.
Tube Amp features:
- Asymmetric tube triode overdrive
- Two processing modes
- Additional output saturation stage
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Zero processing latency
- Retina and HighDPI support
Voxengo Tube Amp and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/tubeamp/