Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Side Chn Mix vs Width

Hi!

I am evaluating Soniformer 3 for a possible upgrade.

I don't get the same feeling rom working with Side Chn Mix as I had when using Soniformer 2 and the Width parameter.

Is this exactly the same feature with a different name?

I can't remember that Width altered the bands output level the same way as Side Chn Mix does.  Am I right?

It works a bit differently - it adds 6 dB output gain at 100% setting.  This is actually convenient as side channel is usually less loud than the mid channel.

And is this gain compensation the only difference between Side Chn Mix and the previous Width?

By the way.  I upgraded both Soniformer and GlissEQ today.  Been missing their features since I switched platform from Windows to OS X. :)

joachime: And is this gain compensation the only difference between Side Chn Mix and the previous Width?

Yes, it's the only difference.  However, the gain boost toward 100% is gradual - so it's 3 dB or so at 75% setting.  At 50% setting there's no gain change applied.

joachime: By the way.  I upgraded both Soniformer and GlissEQ today.  Been missing their features since I switched platform from Windows to OS X. :)

Thanks for upgrading!

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.