Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer What's new?

Last

Next

Previous

First

We have some "safety margin" so that people who are several days late also get a free upgrade.

Hi Aleksey!

Did you remember a request I addressed many times ago?

Here is the link: http://www.voxengo.com/forum/soniformer/1524

It is about the display range.  It will be possible to extend it to -120 dB?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

andrea

...andrea riderelli & aliusmodum...

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

Andrea Riderelli, I considered your request, but only extended the range down to -66 dB.  The reason I have not made it switchable or extended it further is because such extended range is not practical, at all.  In the current range the sound has to be at summary level of -60 dBFS to be unreachable.  I doubt one can clearly hear and adjust anything at such levels.  Sorry, but your request does seem like an unnecessary addition - and I do not tend to add things that clutter the interface without adding a benefit to many users.

Beside that, as ballistics of the level meter can be fine-tuned very precisely, the spectrum can be made more comfortable in appearance.  Not to add the spectrum metering is much more precise now.  You should try it first in practical situations.

SPAN is a completely different device which is often used to measure various stationary signals.  Soniformer's spectrum display is uncomparable to SPAN's one.

Thank you very much for your reply, Aleksey!

No problem at all!

Fortunately, besides classical music I am now working on a lot of modern (rock, jazz, fusion) music where the dynamic range is obviously more reduced.

Regards,

andrea

...andrea riderelli & aliusmodum...

la musica barocca oggi

www.aliusmodum.com

www.capitoliscompagni.it

You are welcome!
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First