Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     HarmoniEQ HarmoniEQ 3

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hi.

i want talking about harmoniEQ, and i have feature request for All "3" versions of voxengo plugins.

i love this unique concept, flexibility,I use it on every project.

but did you have plan to add HP and LP filters ?

The way of harmoniEQ is to Improve transients, but i Use sometimes another way I want to tell you:

put your signal on 2 different busses.

dont touch the first one.

on the second, add a Band pass filter, and a crunchessor, Crisp Soft F Mode to get fast attack, and 40 to 150ms release. (be careful of latency between the two busses)

Add drive in order to have 3 or more dB compression.

so, choose you freq with bandpass.

adjust drive if necessary(less energy on high frequencies)

this tip is usefull to have a fat sound, and to keep original transient of the signal.

but the only way with this tip is to boost frequencies, not to remove.

it's just an application of parallel compression(like NY compression), but sound really great.

you can do the shelves with high and low pass.

I think it can be an idée for a future Voxengo plugin.

noow, let's talk about all "3" versions feature Requests :

for example in mid/side mode.

First request :

a knob to show/hide Groups : so you can look at the mid and the side at the same time.

Second request :

A knob to link/unlink parameters.

link mode will keep all the thing you do on the mid and the side, but if you turn a knob, the same value will be applicated to both groups.

P;S : i'm sorry with my approximative english

Thanks, more low- and high-pass filters will be added in version 3.

As for the parallel compression idea, it looks interesting, but I will probably not going to implement it - it is a too specific effect.

I'm not sure how that "a knob to show/hide Groups" should work.  You can already switch between mid/side easily.

As for the parameter linking between groups, I will not be implementing it since you can perform parameter copy between groups.  Such linking is impossible to visualize.

Ok.

The idea was not for harmoniEQ, but for a specific EQ plugin.

I use often this tip on my mixes, to add density to the sound and no harshness.

I love it on top end, sound very smooth.

Very good for mastering.

Well, actually such processing was implemented in Voxformer already - it is called "presence" there.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.