Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     HarmoniEQ linear phase on/off switch

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

checking this eq. it's great, apart from having to turn it on and off to switch from linear to minimum phase mode. this makes direct comparison very tricky.

will there be any updates in the near future :) would be great to have it with oversampling and all the other great new features.

cheers.

HarmoniEQ will be updated, but not soon.  The problem with linear/minimum phase switch can't be resolved on the plug-in side, unfortunately.

Can I please suggest that you provide 2 DLLs for this in v3, one for linear phase and one for minimal phase?  The sound of each mode is substantially different, and I must constantly store which version I'm using in a text file with each project.

If we had 2 separate plugins for HarmoniEQ [e.g.  HarmoniEQ (Linear Phase) & HarmoniEQ (Minimum Phase)], then we could utulise them a lot more effectively.

Cheers

Fots

Well, I'm not interested in such solution from the technical stand-point.  The future version will most probably be limited to the 'minimum-phase' mode.

"The future version will most probably be limited to the 'minimum-phase' mode."

that doesn't sound like good news, removing features for an upgrade? maybe i misunderstand.

Yes, I know this does sound wrong, but what can I do in such situation?  Alternatively, I can use the in-plugin min-/lin-phase switch, but this does require plug-in on/off switching in the host - like in the case of Marquis compressor.

"Alternatively, I can use the in-plugin min-/lin-phase switch, but this does require plug-in on/off switching in the host - like in the case of Marquis compressor."

this is exactly what i was hoping for in the first place! why is there anything negative about this excellent feature? when i demoed harmonieq this switch worked great in Cubase, and if there are any problems in reaper i am sure those cool guys will sort it out :)

OK.

I would also like to retain linear or min phase ability with either the marquis style switch or seperate dlls (I like this idea too).

david1103: ''Alternatively, I can use the in-plugin min-/lin-phase switch, but this does require plug-in on/off switching in the host - like in the case of Marquis compressor.''

david1103: this is exactly what i was hoping for in the first place! why is there anything negative about this excellent feature? when i demoed harmonieq this switch worked great in Cubase, and if there are any problems in reaper i am sure those cool guys will sort it out :)

Same here, I would love this to work like Marquis Linear / Phasy switch.  This way the change is saved as part of the preset and a quick on/off press is nothing.  I use the plugin only in linear phase mode.  Without it, I don't think I'd reach for it anymore :(

My ultimate dream would be a linear phase GlissEQ for mastering ....  I worry about the way HarmoniEQ colors the sound for mastering and I'm finding that I just use CurveEQ more now anyway.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First