Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     HarmoniEQ Low res mode, and spectrum analyzer

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

First let me say that I really like HarmoniEQ, awesome work Aleksey.  I purchased a copy already.  That said, I feel that it may be lacking in some respects not having the intrinsic spectrum analyzer a la Gliss.  This frankly would improve my workflow.  Maybe the spectrum analyzer could be integrated at some point, and be defaulted to 'off' so as to keep closer to your original design?

Also, a low res mode would be excellent. :)

No spectrum analyzer forces you to use only your ears, which is the way it should be.  I vote against the analyzer!  Still I am with you on a low-res mode for less important tracks.  I guess a dropbox with High/Low/Auto quality would conform with the current Voxengo style.

The whole idea is that you wouldn't have to use the analyzer.  I mean it could be hidden in a right-click menu accessible from the graph.  It wouldn't take the harmoni out of HarmoniEQ, believe me :)

It can sound good, but it also has to also translate well to various listening environments.  For some an analyzer can help with this, others don't need it.

'Low' quality mode is a planned feature.  Do not knowabout spectrum analyzer - I have not planned it from the very start.  I do not want to 'break the feel'.

Why not just use a SPAN plugin after the EQ?  I also vote against the spectrum analyzer (well it wouldn't bother me either if it was hidden behind a button or menu or something)

I downloaded Span (free) and put that in the next slot.

http://www.voxengo.com/freevst/#VoxengoSPANVST

Works great.

Lovely EQ this !!

I use Span in fact, it's great.  But having an analyzer built into the EQ GUI, especially the way it was done in Gliss is a really nice touch IMHO.  I thought that if the code happened to be modularized, it would be relatively easy to implement at some point?

I also agree with others in that I like the simplicity of the EQ.  I don't think the analyzer hidden in a right-click menu would be too intrusive though.

leeQ, I'll connsider adding analyzer...

<<leeQ, I'll connsider adding analyzer...>>

I would appreciate to have the analyzer feature.

I wouldn't mind, if HarmoniEQs GUI and handling comes closer to Gliss EQ.

Another vote for the spectrum A on Harm EQ.

I'm just so used to it in Gliss EQ, which I use a ton, i kinda miss it in this new EQ, which is wonderful btw.

We of course have to use our ears no matter what fellas.

I find we use the spectrum on gliss for many things and the banks that carry over from eq to eq with gliss are often very cool and helpful at times too.  Often i teach clients what i am doing using those graphs and it keeps them interested and encouraged while they watch me mix.

Please implement them in harmonic EQ as well with maby the option of a shut off switch.

thanks A

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First