Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Elephant elephant stealing my meters!!!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Heya

ok,- it might be just the way i use the mouse,- it's not a big deal.

The plugin *tube* was voxengo *tube* - the freebie one.

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

ok it's something more fundamental here.

I've been working all day in the studio with it and have discovered the following bugs which are associated with elephant.

1) if i select 16bit, which sometimes it's reluctant to do, and then close the plug in window - and open it again it says 18 bit again.  This is repeatable and happens everytime.  So I'm not sure if it's using 16bit or 18 bit dithering.

2) If i have elephant in the master bus and export down a mix and then close the song in sonar it exits out of sonar.  This only happens with elephant in the master bus.

I hope those give you some more clues as to the problems here.  I think they're probably related.

Just so you know I'm using the latest VST adaptor with sonar 3.1.1.

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

ok, the 18bit re-appearing has stopped happening now.

I've no idea what's different though :D

dont you just LOVE computers !

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

Dave, thanks for this info anyway.  I think I understand why it happens and I'll try to implement some measures against it.

just to let you know that soniformer 2 also just made sonar crash when closing a song on my system, and that the 18bit weirdness happenned again.

Great to know you're on to it ;)

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

So, you are using the latest Soniformer 2.1?

Do you happen to have Sonar 2.2 installed somewhere?  Could you check it out against that crash bug?  Also, which version of VST adapter do you have?

I'm currently using VST adapter v4.4.0 myself.  Cannot reproduce the crash in Sonar 2.2.

yes i have sonar2.2 - i've test it in that and it seems to work fine.

I guess this is to do with the new bussing/audio engine in sonar3 maybe?

there is a sonar3 demo available - you could download it to test out these issues on that maybe?

my adapter is 4.4.1.

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

Hm...  That's weird for sure.  I'm currently waiting for Sonar 3 NFR to arrive from Cakewalk.  I guess I'll be able to check this out soon myself.  Meanwhile, please, check out the latest beta v1.4b of Elephant.  I've updated it today, and at least the 18/16 bit switching problem should be fixed now.

brilliant,- thanks very much for swiftly tackling this problem.

Great support :)

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

Hi aleksey.

Just to let you know I'm very happy with Elephant2.

It's a fantastic sounding limiter, and the RMS figures are working well for me now.

The other thing is that the disappearing meters bug is gone - No longer happens with Elephant2 - which is great to see :)

thought anymore about writing an autotuner? ;)

Kind regards

Dave Rich.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.