Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant vs. Sonic Finalizer ?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello,

a friend of mine told me abour Voxengo and its great plugs.

I was wondering, after reading the tech specs, if Elephant and Sonic Finalizer were not a little similar in action...

What are the real - complementary - aspects of Elephant vs.  Sonic Finalizer?

Does one of them is preferably to use FIRST?  Elephant I guess... but i'd like to be sure (I'm certainly NOT a mastering guru).

I ask such questions also, because I'm really interesting in testing/using and maybe bying Voxengo stuff, BUT only what I DO really need.  The bundles are at interesting prices, but if i don't need everything...

One last thing: do you know if Voxengo products run OK when loaded by a VST -> DX adapter?  I only use DX audio applications for my compositions, so VST effects are not "directly" supported.

Regards,

jam

Sonic Finalizer is a more of a compressor-type effect.  It is a multiband mastering compressor.  Elephant is a mastering limiter.  It can be used to increase overall volume or smoothly remove peaks in audio.

So, Elephant must be the last effect in the chain.  They are completely different effects complementary to each other.

Voxengo effects will work through VST-DX wrapper, however automatic latency compensation won't be available for sure.  With Sonic Finalizer that is not a problem because it does not introduce latency.  Elephant does introduce it.  Anyways, for mastering latency is not a problem at all.

Elephant is an essential plug-in for mastering, especially if you still don't own any of its competitive products like Waves L1 (L2), VintageWarmer, Steinberg Loudness Maximizer, etc.

Thank you Aleksey for your explainations!

I work with Acid Pro 4 and Magix Audio Studio 2003 Deluxe which is a "little brother" of Samplitude.  The Compressor included is quite good, but i'm not experienced enough in such plug-ins, so I was interesting in your own.

I'll have a look deeper at the products, and try the demo version you let us dwonload.  I'll compare then.

Regards,

jam

for Jam:

Can ask you the following?

1) is it possible to use VST plug-ins in Magix audio studio?

2) If so, how many in the inserts and in the master section and is it possible to automate their parameters?

3) how is the sound quality?

Thanks very much,

Maurizio.

I just compared the Elephant to my PSP VW (which I love as a track effect!), and for mastering, it is superior.

It also smokes the Waves L2, IMHO...

It's punchier, fuller and most of all, cleaner sounding.  More "hi-fi".

The dither option is a great idea, too:-)

Out comes the credit card again:-)

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.