Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant Elephant in Vegas 9e

Hi,

We're trying to demo Elephant as we need a compatible 5.1 Mastering Limiter on the Master Buss in our Vegas Projects but when used with 5.1 projects, it crashes Vegas.  It's fine in Stereo Projects.

Is this a known issue and is there a workaround?

Best wishes,

Peter

I think this may be Vegas' error as Voxengo plug-ins work in many surround-capable hosts just fine (e.g.  Cubase).  I do not see a way to fix this problem from my side.  If only Sony's developers ever contacted us we could fix the issue.

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for your reply :)

I scratch my head with Sony.  I have problems using UAD, Waves Surround and others... mostly in Vegas.  I wonder if they're doing it intentionally.  Any response you get from Sony, they sinply point the finger at the developer.

I love how quick I can edit and get around in Vegas but, if they're not fully supporting 3rd party plugins, I might re-consider my commitment to their products and concentrate solely on Nuendo but that doesn't help my current situation!!! :/

Cheers,

Peter

You are welcome!  I'm sorry I can't be of much help in this situation.

That's because vegas does not support any vst surround plugs..

why don't they just say!

I approached Sony for advice on any 5.1 recommendations for Vegas and this is the thread...

Sony:

"Generally the plug in manufacturers will have a list of supported and or compatible hosts.  We are not able to make a specific recommendation for a suitable surround plug in."

Me:

"So what you’re saying is there's nothing compatible with Vegas?  I have spoken to several plug-in manufacturers and they say they have tried to contact Sony to resolve this issue or to try and work with them to get their products compatible but, unfortunately, their correspondence is ignored"

Sony:

"No, what has been stated is that the plug in manufacturers are the ones who build their plug ins to be compatible with, and test with, specific host applications"

Thoughts?

Cheers,

P

Conz, I'm sorry, we won't be playing Sony's games.  VST is a specification for both hosts and plug-ins.  If Voxengo plug-ins work in Steinberg (the original creator of VST) hosts just fine in any channel configuration imaginable, it's clearly Sony's fail if they do not work in Vegas.  The chances are, even if I'm able to make plug-ins work in Sony Vegas they won't work in most other hosts and it will be a greater problem for everyone.

I wholeheartedly suggest you to stay away from Sony's hosts if they have such attitude not even being a creator of VST specs, and if you rely on multi-channel capable plug-ins (which are rarely offered on the market to start with).

Hi Aleksey,

I totally agree with you...  I have heard other developers have the same problems and zero response from Sony.  I have invested £££'s in Vegas since Version 1 (and at £200 an upgrade per version, it aint cheap) and, although it's a great piece of s/ware to edit with, I still have to mess about to get my UAD plugins to behave correctly... in Cubase everything is fine.  I might just move everything over to this or up the stakes to Nuendo.

I have pointed Sony to these forums, I hope you don't mind...  I doubt they will do anything though and I scratch my head to why they won't co-operate, surely it's in their interest to do so?!?!?

Cheers,

Peter

No problem with giving a link to the Voxengo web site forum.  It's in their interest to solve the problem. especially if they are aimed at surround mixing market.  Plug-ins are needed anyway - unless the host has something much better than any 3rd party can offer.

It's quite difficult mixing without anything on the Master Buss to keep the peaks under control without losing the magic... pure PITA.  Using the Wavehammer they developed is far too characteristic so I don't bother using it, I don't trust it at all.  When I used it, the VO in the Centre channel is affected, quite badly IMO, even if it's disabled for that particular channel.  It's ridiculous!!!

Cheers,

P

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.