Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Elephant VST and Audacity

I am running Windows XP.  I have the 32-bit Windows version of the Elephant VST plug-in, version 3.7.2.  I have Audacity version 1.2.6.  It is, as you know, a VST audio host, so I thought putting the Elephant.dll file in Audacity's "Plug-Ins" directory and restarting the app would get Elephant to appear in the lower section of the Effect menu.  The Audacity documentation states: "Any items which appear after these built-in effects are VST, Ladspa, or Nyquist plug-ins." As a VST-compliant plug-in, Elephant should be there.  But it's not.  I'll ask here and over the Audacity forums to see if anyone has a clue as to why this isn't working.  Thanks in advance for any help.

First of all, please make sure you have downloaded Win 32-bit variant of Elephant plug-in.

I did make sure that I had downloaded the 32-bit variant of the plug-in, but what I failed to realize was that Audacity 1.2.x requires an additional VST Enabler plug-in to be downloaded and installed in order to make it work with third-party VST plug-ins, and that the latest 1.3.x BETA of Audacity has that facility built into the core app code.  So I downloaded and installed the Audacity BETA, and the Elephant plug-in works just fine with it.  Sorry for not full researching the situation before posting.

OK, I'm glad you have it working now.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.