Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Elephant M/S encoder/decoder

Last

Next

Previous

First

Aleksey,

why didn't you include a M/S encoder+decoder in Elephant?

Because it's impossible to keep its brick-wall performance - you will have to adjust levels on both mid and side channels.  Another reason is that it's pretty much useless to perform limiting on mid and side separately other than for some effect reasons.

That's why I've asked (for experimental things) :)

Aleksey,

can you at least hide all routing presets that contain M/S configurations in plugins which don't support M/S processing?

Also manual sorting of the routing list via drag'n'drop would be great ...

I'm unable to hide mid/side presets.  The routing presets are 'omni' and are available to all kinds of Voxengo plug-ins.  Simply do not load mid/side presets.

I do not understand your question about 'manual sorting'.

If you can't hide the M/S presets then you should add M/S processing to all kinds of plug-ins too!

:)

With 'manual sorting' I mean the possibility to reorder the presets in the list (which comes first and so on) ...

Dandruff: If you can't hide the M/S presets then you should add M/S processing to all kinds of plug-ins too!

Well, I may understand your idealism, but it's excessive in this case.  I do not think having mid/side presets causes a lot inconvenience.

Dandruff: With 'manual sorting' I mean the possibility to reorder the presets in the list (which comes first and so on) ...

You may do that by pressing the "+" key in the list with the right mouse button after loading the preset.  This will insert the loaded preset at the current preset list position instead of adding it to the end.  You may then remove the duplicate preset.

Dandruff: If you can't hide the M/S presets then you should add M/S processing to all kinds of plug-ins too!

Aleksey Vaneev: Well, I may understand your idealism, but it's excessive in this case.  I do not think having mid/side presets causes a lot inconvenience.

I still think you should add the M/S encoder/decoder to Elephant.  Yesterday for example I just wanted to try it (limit Mid and Side differently) and couldn't do it like expected.

I mean it should be an easy thing for you to implement it or not?

I won't implement it, sorry.  Elephant is a brick-wall limiter.  Compressing mid and side channels separately does not deliver brick-wall results - it's really hard to control overs in mid/side compression mode.  A better idea would be using a mid/side compressor before limiter.

Why so strictly against this?  For experimental stuff and sounddesign it would be nice to have this IMO.  I don't need a perfect mid/side brick wall.  I just need the different sound on mid and side to experiment with (more on single sounds, not whole tracks).
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First