Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor Side-chaining in EnergyXT???

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

I'm very confident that XT does support this feature, because its a modular host, and I've used the Slim Slow sidechain compressor without problems.

But when I try to use Crunchessor I can't get it to work properly.  When the sidechain is activated, and the quality level is set to normal, only the normal input is hearable - the sidechain doesn't make any sound whatsoever.

When the quality level is set to high, my sidechain inputs just crackle and I don't get a clean signal coming through - this happens irrespective of sample rate length and buffer size.

Whats wrong??  This is really annoying me.

Sidechain itself is not hearable.  It can only affect the main input signal.  You may see it via the gain reduction meter - if it changes when SideCh switch is engaged then sidechaining is working.

Er.. isn't sidechaining when the sidechain signal DUCKS the main signal??

In any case, its just producing a static sound, its not doing anything useful.

Yes, sidechain ducks the main signal, but you cannot hear this sidechain signal alone.  I think somebody used Crunchessor in EnergyXT successfully.  I suggest you to ask this question on EXT support forums.

Crunchessor works perfectly in energy XT.  Like Aleksey said, the sidechain signal it self is NOT heard, ever, on any unit be it hardware or software.  It's just the 'source' signal for the detector.  A unit with sidechain always operates on the main signal, but can use the sidechain for operation information.  To demonstrate, run a simple sinewave trough crunchessors main inputs in energy XT and then run a kick drum trough the sidechain.  What happens?  The compressor is only active during the kick drum and decreases (ducks) the sinewave's level accordingly.

Cheers!

bManic

"the sidechain signal it self is NOT heard, ever, on any unit be it hardware or software"

Well I disagree with that.  The Slim Slow Compressor lets you hear the sidechain signal, but that isn't the problem.

You're right.  The sinewave example does work.  But when I put it to HIGH setting on the quality selector, I still get this static noise - it sounds like major latency clicking and buzzing, but its not latency because all my other tracks are fine.

Whatever though.  Putting it on NORMAL works fine in the manner you describe, its just that I was expecting to hear the sidechain signal, because the Slim Slow plugin works in that way.  I didn't realise it wasn't a universal feature of sidechaining.

Could this feature be introduced or is it something that is impossible with the Crunchessors architecture???

Acolmiztli, you are right.  There was a bug with high quality and side-chain signal.  I will release an updated version soon (with a 'listen sidechain' option, too).

Meanwhile you can check out the beta version:

http://www.voxengo.com/files/VoxengoCrunchessorVST_15a_setup.exe

Thankyou very much Aleksey :)

Btw, I bought Crunchessor in the Warm Bundle - it rocks!!

The beta works perfectly now.  Thankyou so much.

OK, thanks for letting me know.
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First