Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor Side-chain

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Aleksey -

Any chance of revisiting your thoughts on a sidechain helper plugin?  Steinberg has been promising true sidechaining for years, but VST 3.0 still seems to be far in the future.  Is the inter-plug communication really that difficult to code reliably?  The latency wouldn't matter for Nuendo, so I don't think that's an issue, if you needed to use large buffers...

Jay, unfortunately I'm still not interested to even try implementing such 'split plug-in' approach as I'm not sure about its stability.

I know that TC did this with their old native bundle and it worked great with no problems.  I mean you already have the code for cross plugin communication (gliss eq), and it would open up such a big host userbase that could use it, as well as simplify routing to achieve the effect.  Think of all us sad Logic PC, Samplitude, Sonar, (put your non steinberg host here) that can't use the sidechain of this wonderful compressor.

You could try making a sender-receiver kludge yourself with a combination of a VST plugin/host adapter like SynthEdit, Chainer, or EnergyXT, and Tobybear's MixBox plugin:

http://www.tobybear.de/p_utilbag.html

popsych, I will probably add this feature to my 'todo' list then.  But right now I cannot give you a date when this feature is going to be implemented.

Thanks Aleksey.  You really are the greatest.  For me the most important thing is that you not only have GREAT sounding plugs, but also that you listen to your userbase and implement stuff at jet fighter speed.  I hope you won't get sucked up by one of the big boys (at least if you do, gok to magix :P)
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First