Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor New features...?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

I love this plugin.  However I was wondering if it would be possible to add threshold and compression ratio controls?  I know the idea was to have a simplified user interface however it would be fantastic to have the ability to tweak things exactly as we like them while keeping all the cool features this plugin has now.  From what I have been reading on the Cubase forum there are some other Voxengo fans who wouldn't mind these extra features too.

I understand your concern, but I have to say that the Drive knob incorporates both threshold and ratio controls, but in a logical way.  Using the In knob you can have more control.  This means you don't really need any additional controls - just hear how it sounds and finetune In and Drive knobs accordingly.

I love the In/Drive scheme, although I can't imagine the transfer curve - maybe that's a good thing, though... makes me hear with my ears instead of my eyes.

I'm hoping to get this one later in the week (just before the into price ends)...  One thought I had regarding features:

I'm not sure how many Voxengo plugs have the Normal/High quality mode switch, but I know this one and warmifier (which I own) do.  I suppose most people use this feature like I do: switch it to "normal" when mixing (to save CPU), then to "high" when ready to export a mixdown (Cubase).

Idea: it might be cool to have a little utility that would automatically search for all Voxengo plugs that are active in a project, and toggle them to the chosen mode Normal/High). (So, just before you export a mix you'd just click one button.)

Perhaps just a silly little idea - but it might be cool, and might be more useful if more plugs in the future have these two modes.

-wsc

I think it is possible to implement an Auto mode like I did in Voxformer.  However, this does not work everywhere.

Thanks Aleksey, I didn't realise this (about the drive knob).  All the best.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.