Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor how to side-chain in Cubase Studio4?

Hi alexy,i am now fairly competent with the cubase compressor and side-chaining.

I would like to understand how to use Crunchessor too.

I just don,t understand the 2 relevant manuals.

Could u take time out just to tell me how to set-up a basic ducking for kick and bass please?

This may sound a bit stupid,but in fact i learned how to duck just by trial and error,as there is no real help in the cubase manual on this.

I can now run a ghost kick track that uses side chain as well as a normal kick .To do this, i have to put a compressor on each channel insert i want,then dial up the send in the kick and dummy kick tracks.I have also to set the send to prefade and the dummy track,s volume to zero,but not muted.

i have no idea how to do this with crunch,sorry!

thanx careyj

Unfortunately, I can't be of much help here. "Easy" side-chaining is available for VST3 plug-ins in Cubase4, but I'm not going to support VST3 just for that feature.  Various other hosts (Ableton Live, latest Sonar) offer convenient ways of side-chaining - simply send some channel to plug-in's secondary inputs.  Side-chaining inside Crunchessor requires selection of Key Signal sources.  This is also done in a pretty straight-forward way: you simply overlap channel A with channel C, and channel B with channel D.

ok,

so, On channel A i put what ,the kick or the bass?How do i set up these key signals to get basic ducking?

Do i need crunchessor as an insert on the bass ,so should i find this available as a send on the kick channel?

If your bass and kick are mono tracks you may create a stereo FX track and send bass there panned left and kick panned right.  Then insert Crunchessor to that FX channel and set key source for channel A to "B" value, also mute the "B" channel.  This will duck the bass by the kick.

Aleksey Vaneev: If your bass and kick are mono tracks you may create a stereo FX track and send bass there panned left and kick panned right.  Then insert Crunchessor to that FX channel and set key source for channel A to ''B'' value, also mute the ''B'' channel.  This will duck the bass by the kick.

Thanks you for the post.

watch free movies online

You are welcome!  Note that the "Mono Side-chain" routing preset can be loaded for a quick setup.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.