Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Crunchessor Crunchessor 2.0 vs 1.x - Difference?

One last question Aleksey,

The Crunchessor 2.0 page only says this:

Version 2.0, 15-may-2008:

Initial public release.

Aside from the cool looking new gui, are there any other improvements?

I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade.

Thanks!

From Q&A:

"Version 2 of Crunchessor fully implements compression algorithm of version 1.  However, version 2 features a lot of “fine-tuning” applied to this algorithm, so in some cases version 2 algorithm may perform differently and usually better than version 1.  It should be also noted that preset format of version 2 is incompatible with version 1 presets, but both version 1 and version 2 plug-ins can be used in the same project without conflicting each other, allowing for a smooth transition from version 1 to version 2."

Beside that, it offers multi-platform support, multi-channel operation, mid-side processing, preset manager, and other additions - list is pretty long.

In fact, I see little reason not to upgrade as long as you like the sound of this newer version.

I would report some of the differences that *I* saw (like custom key filtering and a dry/wet mix control that I didn't see before in 1.x), but I would think that a definitive list, straight from the horse's mouth that's more comprehensive than...

Version 2.0, 15-may-2008:

* Initial public release.

...is *more* than in order here.

Well, I understand.

Here is the full list (also included on the Crunchessor page):

Changes in version 2 over version 1:

• Multi-channel support
  • Multi-platform support
  • Wet/dry mix
  • Custom key filter adjustments
  • Undo/redo
  • Routing matrix
  • Mid/side processing
  • Preset manager
  • User interface coloration
  • User interface re-scaling
  • Channel grouping
  • Plug-in instance naming
  • Selectable oversampling level
  • Bypass switch
  • In Gain control removed (it is superfluous)
  • Better metering

Thanks for the list...

I'm finding that I miss the Input Gain control though (in spite of its superfluousness).  It was useful when the raw track level is way too low.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.