Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     BMS BMS 64 bit

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello Aleksey,

BMS seems to work on my system with Cubase 6.02 32 bit and also with Cubase 6.02 64 bit (through jbridge as Steinberg VST bridge does not recognize BMS at all) on WIndows 7 64 bit but the ASIO meter flickers a lot as soon as BMS is active in both versions.

I also noticed that In Cubase 6 32 bit BMS is only flickering and in Cubase 6 64 bit BMS flickers and peaks.

On my former system, Cubase 5 on Windows XP, the Asio meter did not flicker at all when BMS was active.

Are you considering to update BMS and also a 64 bit version?

I can imagine that BMS is not the most popular Plug as it has a very special purpose.

I can only say that BMS is constantly in use on my system.

I use it on a Stereo 2.1 system and insert it in the Control Room of Cubase.

This is the only way for me to control the amount of Bass in my mix.

I also use it for the same purpose when I have to create a 5.1 mix

Best regards

teacue

The flickering is probably due to linear-phase design of BMS - this requires performing of a pretty long convolution.  I do plan to rework BMS and produce 64-bit version.  However, I plan to make a fixed slope crossovers - selectable from -6, -12 and -24 dB/oct (the latter one is a standard Linkwitz-Riley crossover).  These willl be minimum-phase crossovers since linear-phase crossovers are rarely used in real-world audio systems, so minimum-phase crossovers are closer to reality.

Thanks for your answer.

I am glad to hear that a rework and a 64 bit version of BMS is coming .

I do hope that the flickering will not make too much problem until the new version comes.

Best regards and thanks for your work

Teacue

You are welcome!
This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.