Voxengo Voxformer 2.19 vocal channel strip plugin released - Press Release
June 7, 2021: We are happy to inform you that Voxengo Voxformer version 2.19 update is now available for download. Voxengo Voxformer is a multi-functional vocal channel strip plugin for professional audio production applications, available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
Version 2.19 includes the following changes:
- IMPORTANT: This version has changed its product key format. If you already purchased this plug-in, to use this version, please visit the Voxengo web site and get a new key at the User Area (if you obtained a product key from a reseller, you will need to add your existing product key there first), or use the Automatic key download feature of the plug-in itself.
- Improved the quality of oversampling filters. This may change (improve) the sound of previously created projects where plug-in was used.
- Added Apple Silicon native compatibility.
- Enabled the "asynchronous drawing" window mode on macOS; may fix the user interface "lagging".
- Automatic instance labeling implemented (not supported in VST2).
- The "out/in" indicator can now be clicked to trim the output gain knob.
- The "Copy to" button is now called the "Copy": this button now copies parameters FROM the selected group, NOT TO the selected group. This should improve the workflow.
- Internal channel letters were changed to numbers.
- Level meters can now display input channel names instead of internal channel indices.
- Added "Stereo Swap" and "Stereo To Mono" routing presets.
- Added AudioComponents interface to AudioUnit as the ".rsrc" interface may be deprecated in the future.
The coolest feature of Voxformer is its one-knob vocal compressor. Using only a single knob, you can get a tight, open and definitive professional vocal sound with an excellent articulation in no time. You do not have to worry about common ratio and make-up gain controls since they are automatically selected by the advanced compression algorithm while attack and release parameters are stored in a mode preset. Moreover, Voxformer features two compressors of this type, allowing you to apply either a two-band or a two-stage (serial) vocal compression.
Voxformer also features the de-esser with selectable center frequency and threshold. Multi-band noise gate is available, which, in a manner similar to the compressor, was designed to bring ease of tuning while providing excellent sonic results. For those who like a saturated vocal sound, Voxformer implements a special module which applies a smooth saturation. Another useful feature Voxformer has to offer is the presence boosting module, which you can use to add some shine and space to the vocals.
- Two built-in vocal compressors
- Two-band compressor operation
- Asymmetric compression
- 5-band parametric equalizer
- Real-time FFT spectrum analyzer
- Noise gate (de-breath) module
- De-esser module
- Presence boosting module
- Saturation module with 4 modes
- Residue listening mode
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Zero processing latency
- Retina and HighDPI support
Voxengo Voxformer end-user license is available for purchase on-line for US$69.95. Demo version of Voxengo Voxformer can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/voxformer/