Voxengo VariSaturator 1.8 released - Press Release
Feb 17, 2010: Voxengo VariSaturator version 1.8 update is now available for download. VariSaturator is an audio effect plug-in designed to apply saturation effects to audio material. It is available for Mac OS X and Windows computers, and conforms to AudioUnit and VST plugin specifications.
Version 1.8 includes the following changes:
- The "VST Function Sync" global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset "update" function implemented in the preset manager.
- "Density mode" implemented in level meters.
- User interface operation problem on 64-bit Windows fixed.
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- Crossover parameters are now specified for all channel groups to avoid phasing problems.
VariSaturator can be used both to boost the loudness of the audio tracks without increasing their peak levels proportionally, and to apply subtle harmonic coloration that makes tracks sound more pronounced and polished.
- Two-band processing
- Selectable crossover filter steepness
- Valve and digital saturation
- Multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- Zero processing latency
You may purchase Voxengo VariSaturator end-user license for US$49.95. Voxengo VariSaturator and other Voxengo pro audio plugins can be download at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/