Voxengo SPAN Plus 1.12 spectrum analyzer plugin released - Press Release
March 4, 2021: Voxengo is happy to announce the release of SPAN Plus version 1.12 - an extended real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional music and audio production applications. SPAN Plus is available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
Version 1.12 includes the following changes:
- IMPORTANT: This version has changed its product key format. If you already purchased this plug-in, to use this version, please visit the Voxengo web site and get a new key at the User Area (if you obtained a product key from a reseller, you will need to add your existing product key there first), or use the Automatic key download feature of the plug-in itself.
- Added Apple Silicon native compatibility.
- Added 1/48 octave spectrum smoothing option.
- Improved spectrum smoothing precision.
- The "Wide View Mode" switch is now called "Wide": it switches the interface into a new, much wider display mode.
- Automatic instance labeling implemented (not supported in VST2).
- Moved the "Export To" selector to the main screen.
- The "Hold" switch now holds all visible spectrums at once.
- Internal channel letters were changed to numbers.
- Level meters can now display input channel names instead of internal channel indices.
- Enabled the "asynchronous drawing" window mode on macOS; may fix the user interface "lagging".
- Added AudioComponents interface to AudioUnit as the ".rsrc" interface may be deprecated in the future.
SPAN Plus provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
SPAN Plus supports multi-channel analysis and can be set to display spectrums from two different channels or channel groups at the same time. Spectrum's color can be chosen to taste.
SPAN Plus also features output level metering with adjustable ballistics and integration time, K-metering (including calibration K-metering). SPAN Plus displays level metering statistics, headroom estimation and clipping detection. Correlation metering is available as well.
SPAN Plus features:
- Real-time spectrum import/export
- PNG file export
- Static spectrums display
- Output signal power statistics
- Spectrum smoothing
- User interface window resizing
- True peak and clipping statistics
- Correlation meter
- EBU R128 LUFS/LU metering
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis
- Mid/side analysis
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Retina and HighDPI support
Demo version of SPAN Plus can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/spanplus/