Voxengo SPAN 3.15 FFT spectrum analyzer plugin released - Press Release
November 7, 2022: Voxengo SPAN version 3.15 update is now available for download. SPAN is a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for professional music and audio production applications. SPAN is available in AudioUnit, AAX, VST, and VST3 plugin formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
The list of changes in version 3.15:
- Changed spectrum's "Freq Lo" maximum to 500 Hz (down from 1000 Hz), and "Freq Hi" minimum to 600 (down from 2000 Hz), to permit finer low- and mid-frequency range selections.
- Added the "Spectrum, meter border" palette modifier. Updated palettes.
- Made a small speed-up of GUI loading and drawing.
- Fixed an issue with popup-menus not functioning in Logic Pro on Apple M1 native.
- Implemented "Portable Setups" support (portable settings), read more in the Primary User Guide.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
- Output signal power statistics
- Spectrum smoothing
- User interface window resizing
- Clipping statistics
- Correlation meter
- EBU R128 LUFS/LU metering
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis
- Mid/side analysis
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Retina and HighDPI support
Voxengo SPAN and other pro audio plugins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/span/