Voxengo SPAN 3.13 FFT spectrum analyzer plugin released - Press Release
January 21, 2022: Voxengo SPAN version 3.13 update is now available for download. SPAN is a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for professional music and audio production applications. SPAN is available in AudioUnit, AAX, VST, and VST3 plugin formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
The list of changes in version 3.13:
- Added the "Large Cursor Readouts" plug-in setting which enables larger mouse position readouts, useful when the plug-in is placed on a distant dedicated monitor.
- Fixed a drawing bug with the "Flat Panels" global switch disabled.
- Improved overall graphics drawing performance.
- Improved anti-aliased line rendering of the secondary spectrum.
- Improved knob's renderings.
- By frequent user request, the "Solo" switch's state is now saved together with the preset (a part of the routing parameters). While this opens up a possibility of leaving the "Solo" switch enabled and forgotten, this provides more flexibility, e.g. when mid/side processing is used.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
- Output signal power statistics
- Spectrum smoothing
- User interface window resizing
- Clipping statistics
- Correlation meter
- EBU R128 LUFS/LU metering
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis
- Mid/side analysis
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Retina and HighDPI support
Voxengo SPAN and other pro audio plugins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/span/