Voxengo Polysquasher 2.2 released - Press Release
Feb 9, 2010: An updated version 2.2 of Voxengo Polysquasher is now available for download. Voxengo Polysquasher is a mastering compressor plugin for professional audio and sound production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers. This version implements the following changes:
- Gain reduction graph's precision was improved.
- Preset load inconsistency problem fixed.
- Waveform view random glitches issue fixed.
- Side-chain routing presets now appear dimmed to reduce confusion.
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- The "VST Function Sync" global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- The "No Multi-Channel Operation" global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
- Preset "update" function implemented in the preset manager.
- "Density mode" implemented in the output level meter.
Polysquasher was designed with a main goal: to be transparent. Polysquasher achieves its goal by using a unique compression algorithm which requires a small number of parameters – basically threshold and ratio only – making this compressor a joy to use. Polysquasher is best used as a finishing compressor inserted in the chain before the final mastering limiter.
- Transparent compression sound
- Real-time gain reduction graph
- 8 built-in compressor modes
- Compressor mode editor
- Multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- 22-millisecond processing latency
Demo version of Voxengo Polysquasher and other pro audio plug-ins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/