Voxengo HarmoniEQ 2.7 harmonically-enhanced equalizer plugin released - Press Release
March 23, 2021: Voxengo HarmoniEQ update version 2.7 is now available for download. Voxengo HarmoniEQ, a parametric, harmonically-enhanced equalizer plugin for professional music production applications, is available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST, and VST3 plugin formats, for macOS and Windows computers. The "Lampthruster" saturator has returned.
Version 2.7 update includes the following changes:
- IMPORTANT: This version has changed its product key format. If you already purchased this plug-in, to use this version, please visit the Voxengo web site and get a new key at the User Area (if you obtained a product key from a reseller, you will need to add your existing product key there first), or use the Automatic key download feature of the plug-in itself.
- Added the original "Lampthruster" saturation algorithm.
- Adjusted internal constants of the "Exp Extra" mode, for smoother sound.
- Improved the quality of oversampling filters. This may change (improve) the sound of previously created projects where plug-in was used.
- Improved the quality of the harmonic enhancement - it now has a lot smoother sound at approximately the same THD.
- Extended and optimized equalizer's view.
- Enabled the "asynchronous drawing" window mode on macOS; may fix the user interface "lagging".
- Added Apple Silicon native compatibility.
- Added 1/48 octave spectrum smoothing option.
- Improved spectrum smoothing precision.
- Automatic instance labeling implemented (not supported in VST2).
- The "out/in" indicator can now be clicked to trim the output gain knob.
- The "Copy to" button is now called the "Copy": this button now copies parameters FROM the selected group, NOT TO the selected group. This should improve the workflow.
- Added the preset list sorting function to the preset manager.
- Redesigned the knob image.
- Extended the "Color Editor" with color modifiers.
- Added the "Gray Blue" and "Navy" color schemes.
- Implemented "anti-aliased" line drawing optimization.
- Improved readability of the condensed font.
- Internal channel letters were changed to numbers.
- Level meters can now display input channel names instead of internal channel indices.
- Added "Stereo Swap" and "Stereo To Mono" routing presets.
- Added AudioComponents interface to AudioUnit as the ".rsrc" interface may be deprecated in the future.
Harmonic enhancement HarmoniEQ applies to the sound is an inherent element of its overall sonic quality. HarmoniEQ also features dynamic equalization modes that offer you a vast palette of sound-shaping capabilities, suitable for mastering. Beside that, HarmoniEQ features a saturation module of the original “Lampthruster” algorithm which produces a unique, impactful, sound character.
Since the easiness of tuning was one of our goals when producing this plugin, HarmoniEQ features a single control surface to specify the equalizer curve. HarmoniEQ's control surface workflow implements our best findings in the area of “user-equalizer” interaction. Just drag the filter control points to the right places. You can enable up to 7 parametric filters, with the filter type freely-selectable from peaking, low-shelf, high-shelf, low-pass, high-pass, and notch filter types.
Another useful element of HarmoniEQ is its control surface's frequency range which goes up to 38 kHz. Such extended range allows you to make smooth “air” boosts easily. While HarmoniEQ is best suited for boosts, its cuts also sound great.
- Harmonically-enhanced equalizer
- Dynamic equalizing
- Real-time spectrum analysis
- 7 parametric filter bands
- Narrow-band sweeping
- User interface window resizing
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- 11 ms compensated processing latency
- Retina and HighDPI support
Version 2.7 is a free update for existing HarmoniEQ 2 end-user license owners. Voxengo HarmoniEQ is available for purchase on-line for USD 59.95. Voxengo HarmoniEQ demo can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/harmonieq/