Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Warmifier Is it possible to bring back the psycho acoustic version?

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi, fear me..  I'm here again :-)

Was just wondering if you could bring back that psycho acoustic experiment that you did on a certain beta as a backpanel option or button?  I know it adds some latency but I liked that sound.. a lot.

Cheers!

bManic

OK, I'll see if I can add it as an option.  Since it does introduce latency, that would be a global switch.

Awesome!  Folks, we're in for a real treat!  Thank you Aleksey, I really apreciate this.

What was this?

a feature in an old beta..  IMO the best sounding warmifier build.  I don't have a version nr for it but I can hook you up with the old beta if Aleksey permits (I see no reason why not but just in case).  Then again, if he's going to implement it in the future you might want to wait as this beta has the audio-drop out copy protection and there's no way to register it.

bmanic: could you send me this beta?  I have deleted my old betas and am curious about the sound.

my mail is [brianelgin at comcast dot net]

bmanic, no problem, send it to Brian.

Okay, mail on it's way!

I'm having had a hard time comparing this beta alongside Warmifier since the control sets differ.  I was using Mode 2 with the Flt controls disabled.  On some bass tracks, I couldn't really pick out a difference between the two with settings tweaked with the 12AX7 tubes, but then I tried the beta on different drum tracks (kick and snare), and I think I hear it.  I wasn't really sure what I was looking for but I think it is the way transients seem slightly "absorbed" by Warmifier.  Maybe I am hearing things but I like the sound of the beta.  I don't know how much MORE I like the beta than the release, but a global switch for this feature would be great.

Any updates on this Aleksey?  Also was I just hearing things, or is the difference in the beta a manipulation of the transients?  After testing it is still hard to tell since the two versions use different controls.
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First