Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Winter Holidays 2017-2018 Discount
Forums     Plugins     Warmifier Warmifier tips

I recently bought Warmifier, and I wonder i anyone could share some tips on its use.

So far I have used it just before Elephant at the end of the mastering chain.  I have only used mode 2 (the natural mode).

I wonder about using it on tracks or busses, anyone got any good stories, tips to tell?  Anyone know which valve types were used in any of the classic preamps, channel strips etc.?

I don't use warmifier on the master at all.  I use it on individual tracks that needs a different 'feeling/color'.  I've used warmifier very succesfully on kickdrums, vocals and backing vocals.  I've also used it on synth sounds to make them less sterile.

Cheers!

bManic

Thanks for the response!  I have wondered if putting Warmifier onto *every* track would emulate a valve mixer.  I haven't been mad enough to try that yet, but in these post-freeze days it certainly a possibility ;)

Anyway, I found this setup today which adds a truly superb bottom end to a bass sound:

Type: 6550

PrmV: -12dB

PrmI: 0dB

FltLo: 16dB

FltHi: 12dB

EqLo: 17.5dB

EqHi: 0dB

Out: 0dB

Mode 2

Flt On

Pre EQ

It's a killer!

I never kept the old betas, I too am curious what this psychoacoustic processing was?  I can't remember it, but I do remember one version that had some latency, and an EQ graph which didn't seem to work.

Andrew: that setting sure produces a lot of distortion/gain increase!

Brian wrote:
Andrew: that setting sure produces a lot of distortion/gain
increase!
Make sure EQ is set to pre!

Brian: See my responce in the other thread..

Andrew Milne: Anyway, I found this setup today which adds a truly superb bottom end to a bass sound:

Andrew Milne: Type: 6550

Andrew Milne: PrmV: -12dB

Andrew Milne: PrmI: 0dB

Andrew Milne: FltLo: 16dB

Andrew Milne: FltHi: 12dB

Andrew Milne: EqLo: 17.5dB

Andrew Milne: EqHi: 0dB

Andrew Milne: Out: 0dB

Andrew Milne: Mode 2

Andrew Milne: Flt On

Andrew Milne: Pre EQ

Andrew Milne: It's a killer!

Hi Andrew,

My first post here - but I wanted to say thank you for this bass setting.  It has been a couple of years since you posted this - but I just discovered it and really like this sound!  Do you have other settings like this for bass or other?

Thanks,

Dave

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.