Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     Warmifier warmifier as high freq exciter?

Last

Next

Previous

First

hi aleksey,

love this plugin, so versatile already. but recently ive been using it as a subtle exciter to brighten hi hats, and wondered if you'd considered adding another filter centred around about 5k maybe? so more high freqs could be created and controlled, for ultimate high end sparkle. is this beyond your intended scope of the plug seeing as its ment to be a 'warmer'? or is there already something ive missed or is it just generally a bad idea?

alternatively, how about a new ultimate quality high freq exciter plug? or is there already something out there?

thanks,

bart.

Thanks for the request, but right now I'm not planning to enhance Warmifier's functionality.  Actually, I think it could be really useful to offer something like a freely adjustable EQ curve instead of only two 'Lo' and 'Hi' params - I think I'll implement this in the future, along with other enhancements.  Just not too soon.

yes, a freely adjustable curve would be excellent! keep the inovations coming.

thanks,

bart.

This is a wonderful idea you guys, being able to hype the generation of harmonic distortion more toward the lows, mids or the highs!  It would be nice in Tube Amp too (I'm guessing)...

If the EQ curve doesn't work in all cases then a kind of "input slope" knob might be a possible option - kind of like you have in Soniformer.

Now I am curious: what are these additional enhancements you might add?

I was mainly thinking about sonic enhancements (improvements).  Warmifier partially uses the same approach as Marquis Compressor.  However, Marquis Compressor brought that to a new level (from my technical experience).  And so, now Warmifier could be improved as well.

i just wanted to say that even simply a parameter directly below each filter to control where they are tuned to would be awesome. although the eq curve idea would be even better.

thanks,

Yes, you are right about the EQ curve.

Hello Aleksey

Since there hasn't been any news regarding the EQ curve and the possible better sound quality [due to Marquis technical experience] since the 4th of January and 23rd of December - I would like to ask if it is in the making?

Kind regards

Please read this topic:

http://www.voxengo.com/forum/ar/1253/.  Things I was talking I'm going to implement were delayed for some time.  After I get the new development workflow working I will continue to improve existing plug-ins.  I'm sorry for the delay and the feeling like these features are going to be implemented soon.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First