Voxengo Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins For a Fixed One-Time Fee
Forums     Plugins     CurveEQ Curve EQ or Gliss EQ for master?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Hello again, have a question about mastering chain and your multi plug-in packages.

I was saving money for a 'convolution suite' purchase, but in the meantime was dabbling with Soniformer and Elephant demos on a client's project.  I've had much more success with Elephant than Waves L2, just a great mix, but then of course it times out... so now my priorities have changed.  I'm looking at the Curve EQ/Soniformer/Elephant package and wondering what the differences are between Curve EQ and Gliss EQ?  And which would be better for mastering? (cuban/african/soul/etc., mostly real instruments).  I saw various posts of mastering chain/order, and a few suggested Gliss EQ...  I both mix and master the projects, and usually try to fix the mix first, then apply a minimal mastering chain, usually comp/limiter or EQ/comp/limiter.  I've been using the UAD Pultec, Logic comp and Waves C series, but just played with the Soniformer and found it very useful for more precise compression, with nicer results...  I used to shy away from more than 2 bands because I could often hear the 'split' even with light comp, but the transition between bands sounds very seemless with Soniformer... until it times out...

It occurred that there must be a reason why Curve EQ and not Gliss EQ is included in a package with Soniformer and Elephant.  Is it because it's smoother between the Q curves than Gliss EQ can be?

BTW the post/reply from Andrew Milne on why Elephant and L2 work/sound so different was surprisingly understandable... speaking from non-techie standpoint...

Sorry, one more question...  I saw Curve EQ 3 may be in the works... would it be a free upgrade from v2?

Been surfing more in the forums and (sort of) understand the difference now... what about that upgrade?

In your case I think CurveEQ is a better choice.  GlissEQ is more of an option when used for mastering, its main purpose is to work on tracks.

If you buy CurveEQ now, v3 will be free for you when it is released.

Hi Aleksey

"If you buy CurveEQ now, v3 will be free for you when it is released."

Does this still apply.  I am keen to buy curve EQ but not keen to have to buy an upgrade over the coming months.

Stewart

swilkie: ''If you buy CurveEQ now, v3 will be free for you when it is released.''

swilkie: Does this still apply.  I am keen to buy curve EQ but not keen to have to buy an upgrade over the coming months.

Unfortunately, no.  It's too old message you are referring to.  At that time v3 was not planned to be a major upgrade.  Current upgrade policy is defined on the Purchase page.

I'm very sorry for those misleading words about 'free V3', but if you look at Crunchessor V1 vs V2 you'll understand it's a complete redesign of the plug-in.  I just can't make it free.  I'm pretty sure at that time V3 release meant some less amount of work was required, at least in my opinion.  Right now V3 means a major redesign and rewrite - it's also one of the reasons it wasn't released for so long.

Thanks for the quick reply Aleksey.  Fair enough about the cost.  I guess my next question is any idea when V3 will be out ?

Stewart

swilkie: Thanks for the quick reply Aleksey.  Fair enough about the cost.  I guess my next question is any idea when V3 will be out ?

I can't tell when it will be released.

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.