Voxengo SPAN Plus 1.21 spectrum analyzer plugin released - Press Release
December 12, 2022: Voxengo is happy to announce the release of SPAN Plus version 1.21 - an extended real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional music and audio production applications. SPAN Plus is available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export, static spectrums display, and a “wide” spectrum display.
Changes in this version:
- Made the spectrum also export its "Filled Display" setting, useful when many spectrums are shown at the same time. This is an often-asked-for feature. Note that you may need to revisit the "Filled Display" setting of some individual tracks. This new feature allows you to export some tracks with the "filled" setting enabled while others without it; or to display the main spectrum filled while displaying imported spectrums without filling. This new feature can be disabled via the "Import Spectrum Filling" global setting.
- Made the CSV spectrum saving also save the frequency values and channel names.
- Made the "Static Spectrums" window auto-fill the spectrum names on "Take" and "Load".
- Fixed non-working static spectrum's shifting when the "Offset" (Normalize/Center) display mode is used.
- Added factory ROM presets previously available in SPAN.
- Changed spectrum's "Freq Lo" maximum to 500 Hz (down from 1000 Hz), and "Freq Hi" minimum to 600 (down from 2000 Hz), to permit finer low- and mid-frequency range selections.
- Added the "Spectrum, meter border" palette modifier, visual features. Updated palettes. The "Flat Panels" global settings is now a part of color scheme's visual features.
- Made a small speed-up of GUI loading and drawing.
- Fixed an issue with popup-menus not functioning in Logic Pro on Apple M1 native.
- Implemented "Portable Setups" support (portable settings and authorization storage), read more in the Primary User Guide.
Note that this and all further updates require a processor with SSSE3 support (generally, any Intel processor released since 2006, and any AMD processor released since 2011); all Intel Macs are compatible (Apple Silicon Macs have NEON instead).
SPAN Plus provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
SPAN Plus supports multi-channel analysis and can be set to display spectrums from two different channels or channel groups at the same time. Spectrum's color can be chosen to taste.
SPAN Plus also features output level metering with adjustable ballistics and integration time, K-metering (including calibration K-metering). SPAN Plus displays level metering statistics, headroom estimation and clipping detection. Correlation metering is available as well.
SPAN Plus features:
- Real-time spectrum import/export
- PNG file export
- CSV spectrum file load/save
- Static spectrums display
- Output signal power statistics
- Spectrum smoothing
- User interface window resizing
- True peak and clipping statistics
- Correlation meter
- EBU R128 LUFS/LU metering
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis
- Mid/side analysis
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Retina and HighDPI support
Demo version of SPAN Plus can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/spanplus/