Voxengo Polysquasher 3.2 mastering compressor plugin released - Press Release
July 16, 2020: Voxengo is happy to release version 3.2 of its Polysquasher plugin. Polysquasher is a mastering compressor plugin for professional music and sound production applications, available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST, and VST3 plugin formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
The changes version 3.2 implements:
- Added the preset list sorting function to the preset manager.
- Redesigned the knob image.
- Extended the "Color Editor" with color modifiers.
- Added the "Gray Blue" and "Navy" color schemes.
- Reimplemented waveform graph display.
- Fixed a minor output time shift at 8X oversampling in VST/VST3 version.
- Windows: implemented a higher-precision user interface update timer, for smoother Graph display.
- Improved readability of the condensed font.
- Added macOS Catalina compatibility.
Polysquasher was designed with a main goal: to be transparent. Transparent compression action is a cornerstone for any mastering compressor. Transparency of audio signal processing is necessary to preserve all existing elements in the mix, while compression itself is necessary to make the mix sound uniform to other mixes (tracks) and to make it sound more solid and “glued”.
Polysquasher achieves its goal by using a unique compression algorithm which requires a small number of parameters – basically threshold and ratio only – making this compressor a joy to use. More advanced settings are hidden in the “compressor mode editor” panel where you can create your own compressor modes that can be easily recalled later.
Polysquasher is best used as a finishing compressor inserted in the chain before the final mastering limiter.
Polysquasher also features real-time gain reduction and waveform graphs. Full multi-channel operation is supported.
- Transparent compression sound
- Real-time gain reduction graph
- 6 built-in compressor modes
- Compressor mode editor
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Mid/side processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- 22 ms compensated processing latency
- Retina and HighDPI support
Polysquasher is available for purchase on-line for USD 89.95. Demo version of Voxengo Polysquasher and other pro audio plugins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/psquasher/