Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Discussions     Announces, Releases and Discussions Voxengo Voxformer 1.3 released

Voxformer version 1.3 is now available for download.  Voxengo Voxformer is a multi-functional vocal channel strip plug-in in PC VST format.  This newer version introduces an RMS difference counter which displays the difference between the input and output RMS power which in turn allows you to do quick make-up gain adjustments.

The "Auto" quality mode has been added.  In this mode Voxformer automatically selects the Normal quality mode for real-time processing and the High quality mode for offline/bounce processing.  This version update also features several minor performance optimizations.

The most significant improvement of this update is a newly introduced de-esser algorithm type 2 which offers the user a totally different de-esser sound to that of the previously available de-esser algorithm.  Now, having two de-esser types it should be possible to get a good quality vocal de-essing in most situations.

Voxengo Voxformer features:

• Two built-in vocal compressors
  • Switchable crossover
  • Gain reduction meters
  • 4-band equalizer
  • Real-time FFT spectrum analyzer
  • Asymmetric compression
  • Vintage saturation module
  • De-esser module (2 types)
  • Presence boosting module
  • Noise gate module
  • High quality mode
  • "A-to-B" comparisons
  • Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing
  • Any sample rate is supported
  • Factory presets
  • 64-bit internal precision
  • Native assembler DSP code

Voxengo Voxformer VST is available on-line for USD 59.  For more information and downloads please visit the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com

Aleksey - thanks for the update !

A little off the subject...about the 64bit internal precision.  I'm using Sonar4 and Adobe Audition which both use 32bit float internal busses.  I'm thinking this is over kill, hehe - do I need to put a dithering plugin after your 64bit plugins so I don't loose too much if the app just truncates your extra precision?

Any thoughts about this - big deal or small deal ?  Don't worry about it ?

Thanx

64bit processing is not an overkill.  It is needed so that little distortion happens during processing stage.  For a bus, 32 bit float is enough.  In either case, 32-bit floats enter and leave the plug-in, you do not have to do additional dithering.  To sum up, in my opinion processing (summing, multiplication, etc) should be done in 64bits, but for a pure transfer/storage 32-bit resolution is enough.

OK - thanks Aleksey.

Your 64bit plug-ins sound very good.  I meant that my concern about dithering down to 32bit from your 64bit processing was probably overkill...

It looks like I don't need to worry about it then.

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived.  Replying is disabled for this topic.