Voxengo Elephant version 4.8 is now available for download. Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plugin for professional audio and sound production applications, available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plug-in formats, for macOS and Windows computers.
Changes in version 4.8:
- Added "1-Bit" dither noise option.
- Added the overall integrated loudness readout.
- Added channel names to the statistics panel.
- Added the "EL INS" limiter algorithm.
- Changed gain reduction metering from relative to absolute.
The “EL INS” is a clipper-like (“instant”) limiter algorithm, without release timing elements, but with a look-ahead transient smoothing taking place. This mode is effective for EDM production where signal is limited to bring more energy to it. This algorithm is like the “Clip” algorithm, it produces more distortion in comparison to other algorithms. The “TransTime” parameter affects the look-ahead time and the degree of transient smoothing taking place.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation, EBU R128 and K-metering. Elephant's built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization without inter-sample overshoots.
Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate. Limiting process can be visualized both as gain reduction meter and real-time graph.
- Transparent signal limiting action
- 12 predefined limiter modes
- Limiter mode editor
- Optional release stage
- Noise-shaped bit-depth converter
- RMS, true peak clipping statistics
- EBU R128 LUFS/LU metering
- DC offset removal filter
- Waveform graph view
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- 24 ms compensated processing latency
- Retina and HighDPI support
Demo version of Voxengo Elephant can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/elephant/