Voxengo Deft Compressor version 1.6 update is now available for download. Voxengo Deft Compressor is an audio track and bus compressor plugin for professional audio production applications, available in AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plugin formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.6 and later), and Windows computers.
Version 1.6 includes the following changes:
- Fixed crash in WaveLab 8.5.
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Added "Brown", "White" and "Cyan" color schemes.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Made internal channel names start at "C" to reduce confusion with the A/B comparison buttons.
The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect. Such result is achieved by compressor’s timing function that closely resembles the S-curve on both attack and release stages.
The S-curve timing function means that the attack and release stages “look” like S-curve (sigmoid curve). Such curve sonically adds a very warm coloration, without sharp edge. Beside that, S-curve on longer release times possesses a bit of “hold” time delay where it does not change. This allows the compressor to have clean, almost uncolored higher frequencies.
Deft Compressor features:
- Adjustable S-curve timing function
- “Vintage” compression mode
- Feedback compression mode
- Auto make-up gain
- External side-chaining
- Key signal filtering
- Stereo and multi-channel processing
- Internal channel routing
- Channel grouping
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- Zero processing latency
Demo version of Voxengo Deft Compressor can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/deftcompressor/
This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it was archived. Replying is disabled for this topic.