Premium Membership - All Voxengo Plugins at a Fixed One-Time Fee - Click Here For More Info
Summer 2018 Discount at Voxengo
Forums     Plugins     Soniformer Optional steeper crossover slopes?

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First

Hi Aleksey,

Would you consider a steeper slope setting for your "crossovers"?  I can't suggest a good figure without hearing it but a guess would be about 12db or 18dB/octave or so.  I don't know if it would be a nice addition to the sound and controllability or make it worse.  Maybe you've already tried something along these lines...thanks, Kyle

But it's already roughly 12dB/octave.  I do not think steeper crossovers sound better.  Moreover, this is hard to implement technically - this may require twice as more bands.  BTW, please check out beta v2.3.3 - it features many different enhancements.  User's manual is not updated, though - will do this later.

OK - Aleksey, just curious.  I didn't remember exactly what it was, you mentioned it somewhere else, 12db/octave.  So then steeper would be either 18db or 24db per octave - if it adds bands then I assume the cpu consumption would increase proportionally, I don't think us users would like that tradeoff!  Nevermind then - you've already thought about this and optimized soniformer.

I'll download the 01AUG2005 beta tonight!  Thanks for the update - I'm using soniformer to tame a bass guitar resonance in a live mix where one note of the bass guitar caugth the room the right way and boomf!!!

OMG - the new v2.3.3 is incredible!  I sent you an email about a couple of items on it.  I am not believing the nice changes you've made - I just starting to go thru them now...thank you! -Kyle

OK, thanks for checking this out.  I'll try to fix all the issues you've found ASAP.

OK - thanks Aleksey - after you tweak it this new Soniformer is gonna surprise a lot of folks!

One more comment on the original topic of this thread.  I understand that you don't believe this to be a good idea so I'm not trying to change your mind...unless :) if steeper slopes mean that there won't be full coverage across the full audio spectrum then wouldn't we have a type of parametric multiband compressor?  Assuming the center freqs can move (I don't know the design so this may not be possible now) then there would just be a bunch of stackable band pass compressors.  Kind of like on your parametric EQs, bands can overlap or band may have space in between...we may have discussed something similar to this before possibly - I'm forgetting now.

Thanks for the new version! -Kyle

I tried this new beta demo...this thing is an extremely versatile tool, I had no idea how nicely it would develop past v2.

One bug maybe?  In the knob mode, it seems like the "High" & "Low" banks have been switched (or mislabeled).

Brian, I'll fix that 'reversal' soon.

Kyle, steeper bands in the current implementation will sound a bit like a speaker cabinet - pure comb filtering FX.

OK Aleksey - I understand about your comb comment.  Thanks! -Kyle

Nice!  Fantastic new beta!  Aleksey, you are full of suprises.  I thank thee from the bottom of my heart.  The new 4 orders is a very useful addition.

Is it a bug that when all are set to 'off' it still uses about 7% CPU on my Athlon 3200+ Barton?

Cheers!

This topic was created before release of the latest product version, and it may contain details irrelevant to this version.  Replying is disabled for this topic.

Last

Next

Previous

First